Establish international level sports complexes where PWDs can train to effectively participate in Paralympics, Deaflympics, Special Olympics and other international events.
The govt. invites proposals for site specific project report on a Centre for Disability Sports. The shortlisted companies will be offered to participate in Request for Proposal. The proposed sites are:
• 10 acre land in a village in District Mohali (Punjab).
• 10 acre land in a village in District Vishakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh).
• 8 acre land in a village in District Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh).
Last date for submitting the Expression of Interest: 20th Feb, 2015
Proposals shall be opened from: 24th Feb, 2015 For more information, click here.
• Programs based on life-cycle needs (like early intervention, advocacy, awareness, vocational training, etc.); holistic development of PWDs and families, creating a barrier-free environment.
• Research to improve quality of life.
• Research on prevention methods.
• Developing aids and appliances.
• Linking research with policies.
• Active participation of PWDs in product development.
Scope: Total cost is Rs. 10 crores for the remainder of the 12th Five Year Plan i.e. 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17. For more information, click here.
Aim: Proposal to modernize ALIMCO to include:
• Manufacturing high-tech assistive devices.
• R&D lab.
• Upgrading plant and machinery
• Establishing service centers.
• Improve overall reach.
The draft made by the Standing Committee was put up for comments/suggestions from the general public. Opened 2nd Jan, 2015 and closed 15th Jan, 2015.
Duration and Cost: 37 months, Rs. 280 crores
Aim: Create a national database for PWDs and issue a universal ID card to PWDs.
This is expected to correlate ‘personal details’ database with other databases like:
• Disability certificate.
• Scheme details (to avoid duplication of scheme availed).
• Bank details.
• Education details.
• Employment details.
• Other identity details (PAN card, Passport number, etc)
For more information, click here.
(NIIUD) as an autonomous body under MSJE, Dept. of Disability Affairs
Aim: To provide greater accessibility and barrier free environment for PWDS; to accomplish this, the institute will conduct research on areas like rehabilitation, accessibility, employment, health, technology, social inclusion, etc. They will also conduct training programs for universal design
Duration: 12th Plan onwards i.e. 2012
Awards recognizing the efforts of employers, employees, organizations working for the empowerment of PWDs; these awards hope to motivate the receivers and the participants to continue their work in the sphere of enabling the disabled.
The most notable VRCs in the country are in Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata.
This campaign is to achieve universal accessibility for all PWDs. This includes equal opportunity for development, independent living and participation in all aspects of life in an inclusive society- with a focus on three verticals: Built Environment; Public Transportation and Information and Communication Technologies. A letter dated 8th July, 2014 has been issued by MSJE to all states/UTs to take action. The Ministry will also provide grants-in-aid to all states/UTs to provide barrier-free environment in important govt buildings for PWDs. For more information, click here.